The Good: Choice of varying medical limits and coverage; for trips up to 6 months for ages 84 or younger; covers pre-existing medical conditions for medical evacuation.
The Drawbacks: Requires that you have a primary health plan.
The Bottom Line: HTH has been a leading provider of international health insurance since 1997, and their TravelGap plans offer basic travel medical coverage.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $1,000,000 ($0 – $500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$250/per tooth ($500 maximum)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan covers 100% of eligible inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and prescription drug costs after deductible up to plan limits.
- Available for travelers up to age 84.
- Plan automatically covers emergency medical care for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Includes additional travel reimbursement services up to $100 per incident ($500 maximum) for lost travel documents and lost luggage.
- Includes bedside visit cost reimbursement up to $1,500.
- Includes up to $500 for common carrier ticket changes if your trip is interrupted for medical reasons, a terrorist event, or imminent threat to personal safety as documented by a U.S. State Department travel warning issued during your trip.
- Access to HTH Global Health and Safety services for worldwide health and security information, drug translation services, news alerts, and more.
- Access to global medical assistance as well.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Benefits resulting from skiing and underwater diving limited to $10,000.
- Plan requires travelers to be enrolled in a primary health plan (Medicare applies).