The Good: A global short-term medical insurance plan to suit the needs of those traveling outside their home country for at least three months. Low deductibles and few pre-certification requirements. Plan automatically covers losses due to terrorist acts.
The Drawbacks: Emergency evacuations and repatriation not available inside the U.S. or out-of-network. Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered (except for diabetic supplies).
The Bottom Line:Â A full-featured short-term travel medical plan with low deductibles and complete coverage. Includes access to one of the largest PPO provider networks in the world.
|Medical expenses||No limit ($10 copay for preventative care)|
|Emergency dental||100% (up to $500 annual maximum)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Three tiers of coinsurance: 100% outside the U.S. , 80% in network in the U.S. , 60% out of network inside the U.S. and you choose your deductible.
- Coverage extends to spouse and dependents under age 26.
- Families are charged a maximum of 2.5 deductibles each year.
- Preventative care for babies and children up to age 18 included.
- Preventative care for adults, including routine exams, is included.
- Maternity and newborn care included.
- Inpatient and outpatient care for mental illness included at 75% or 100% after the coinsurance maximum is reached.
- 100% of prescription costs up to $1,000 annually included.
- Diabetic supplies and education included.
- Pre-existing condition exclusion can be waived with proof of prior coverage.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Medical evacuation and repatriation reimbursement not available outside the U.S. or outside the HTH Worldwide network.
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Missionary and marine participants must be U.S. citizens under age 75.