The Good: Annual international major medical health insurance for a travelerâ€™s global living needs. Choose your deductible, prescription drug level, and network providers. Available to all legal residents of the U.S. (citizens and foreign nationals) age 74 and younger, as well as their spouse and children.
The Drawbacks: Emergency evacuations and repatriation not available inside the U.S. or out-of-network. Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered until after a six-month waiting period. No coverage for maternity and newborn care.
The Bottom Line: Comprehensive major medical insurance for emergency medical, preventative medical care, prescription and dental coverage for global citizens. This plan can be a group employer-sponsored plan if the insured is an employee of a U.S. company and domiciled in an approved state.
|Medical expenses||No limit|
|Emergency dental||$200 per tooth ($1,000 maximum)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Families are charged a maximum of 2.5 deductibles and deductibles are credited collectively (for both inside and outside the U.S. care).
- Dependents are available for coverage up to their 26th birthday.
- Copayments are waived when visiting an HTH Worldwide network provider.
- Preventative care covered at 100% outside the U.S., at 80% inside the U.S. and in-network, and at 60% out-of-network.
- Includes benefits for mental, emotional, and nervous disorders, alcoholism and drug abuse both inside and outside the U.S. (even out of network).
- Includes access to HTH Worldwideâ€™s assistance services for contracted health pros, appointment scheduling, and international treatment options.
- Includes HTH Global Health and Safety Resources – online assistance tools, health and security alerts, and more. (If you choose the dental rider,depending on the plan level, you may also have vision benefits.)
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional prescription drug benefits up to $5,000 per insured per policy period (100% after a $10 copay for generics, name brand prescriptions require a $25 copay and injectibles are covered at 70%).
- Optional dental care for preventative, restorative, surgical, and diagnostic treatment up to plan limits available.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Medical evacuation and repatriation reimbursement not available outside the U.S. or outside the HTH Worldwide network.
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions comes with a six-month look-back period and a six-month waiting period.
- Maternity and newborn care is not included.