The Good: A worldwide health insurance plan for emergency medical and preventative care individuals and families – the ‘EXP’ in the title stands for ‘expat’. Optional prescription drug benefits and global travel benefits included, as well as maternity benefits (after a 12-month waiting period). This plan ensures that you have ready access to quality health care no matter where in the world you roam.
The Drawbacks: Only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents up to age 74. Coverage not available to residents of all states.
The Bottom Line: International major medical coverage for world travelers who are covered by a domestic U.S. health insurance plan or for those with no immediate plans to return to the U.S. This annual plan can also be a group employer-sponsored plan for employees of U.S. companies domiciled in an approved state.
|Emergency dental||$200/per tooth ($1,000 maximum)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan pays 100% of surgical, preventative, and outpatient care.
- Choose deductible from $0 – $10,000.
- Copayments waived when visiting an HTH Worldwide network provider.
- Maternity benefits available after 12 months of continuous coverage.
- Plan is renewable annually.
- Includes coverage for mental, emotional, and nervous disorders, alcoholism and drug abuse (subject to a lifetime benefit of $80,000 and coinsurance).
- Exclude coverage for treatment inside the U.S. for additional plan cost savings.
- Includes bedside visit reimbursement up to $2,500 for eligible transportation and accommodations.
- Includes acupuncture and chiropractic care up to $2,000 maximum.
- Includes access to HTH Worldwide’s assistance services for contracted health pros, appointment scheduling, and international treatment options.
- Includes HTH Global Health and Safety Resources – online assistance tools, health and security alerts, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional outpatient prescription drug benefit provides100% coverage (80% inside the U.S.) up to an annual maximum of $3,000.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- A $10 deductible applies to office visits.
- Physical and occupational therapy and treatment covered only up to $30 per visit and limited to 12 visits per year.