The Good: A blanket international group medical policy ideal for multi-national businesses, universities, missionary groups and others who send members or employees overseas for short or long periods of time. Flexible policies that can be customized to meet a client’s specific needs.
The Drawbacks: All of the coverages except for medical are optional, and the maximums are relatively limited when compared to similar plans.
The Bottom Line: This is employer- or group-sponsored medical care for those not typically covered under U.S. or nationalized health care plans, or where U.S.-based health care fails to reach. With guaranteed payments to medical facilities, interpreters, and translation services, instant physician and hospital referrals, this can be a great plan for companies and organizations with global members.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- This is a basic medical plan with lots of room for customization, depending on what the employer needs.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional emergency medical evacuations from $5,000 – $75,000.
- Optional repatriation from $5,000 – $50,000.
- Optional $10,000 for emergency reunion (not to exceed $250 per day).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Most of the typically expected coverages (evacuation, repatriation, and more) are optional.