The Good: Long-term medical protection with a few package-like benefits to round out the travel coverage. Optional coverage riders round out the plan for adventure travelers, athletes, and those who need to return home once in a while.
The Drawbacks: Not available to citizens of all states. No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. No optional add-ons to enhance the coverage. Deductibles and coinsurance apply with this plan.
The Bottom Line: This is long-term travel medical insurance for people traveling outside their home country for a minimum of 3 months, which means it is complete accident and sickness medical coverage with package-like benefits that provide financial protection against travel-related risks.
|Medical expenses||$500,000 or $1,000,000|
|Flight accident AD&D||$25,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Age limits apply after age 70 and 80.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes chiropractic care up to $35.00 per visit (10 visits maximum per injury).
- Choose your deductible from $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000.
- Includes coverage for lost baggage $50 per bag up to $250.
- Includes $5,000 in trip interruption if the insured must abandon their trip due to death (immediate family member included) or serious damage to the insuredâ€™s principal residence due to fire, flood, or other natural disaster.
- Hospital indemnity up to $100 per overnight included.
- Includes emergency reunion up to $10,000.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional hazardous activity coverage for activities like SCUBA diving, snow and water skiing, mountain climbing, and more, which are typically excluded from coverage.
- Optional athlete coverage for participation in amateur club or interscholastic sports.
- Optional home country coverage for incidental home country trips up to two months per 12 months of coverage (medical benefit reduced by 50%).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Coinsurance applies for treatment inside the U.S. and Canada (80% to the first $5,000, then 100% after deductible).
- Waiting period of 30 days. The maximum payout for an illness during that time frame is $1,000.
- No coverage for pre-existing conditions.