The Good: This is an annual medical plan for accident and sickness protection for individuals, couples, and families, traveling outside their home country but not to the U.S. Plan provides medical, evacuation, repatriation, and AD&D in the base plan along with a few package-like benefits: trip interruption and lost luggage.
The Drawbacks: No coverage for emergency dental or pre-existing medical conditions. Coinsurance and deductibles apply. The AD&D is relatively low when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line: This is a highly flexible plan – letting you choose the medical limit, the deductible amount, and a number of optional riders to customize the plan to fit your needs.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $1,000,000 *|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Age limits apply after age 70 and 80.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical limit and your deductible amount.
- Includes chiropractic care up to $35.00 per visit (10 visits maximum per injury).
- Includes lost baggage benefits up to $50 per bag ($250 maximum).
- Includes $25,000 AD&D (24-hour) in base plan.
- Includes $5,000 in trip interruption if the insured must abandon their trip due to death (immediate family member included) or serious damage to the insuredâ€™s principal residence due to fire, flood, or other natural disaster.
- Hospital indemnity for up to $100 per overnight up to 10 consecutive days.
- Includes personal security evacuation up to $10,000.
- Includes emergency reunion up to $10,000.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional hazardous activity coverage for activities like SCUBA diving, snow and water skiing, mountain climbing, and more, which are typically excluded from coverage.
- Optional athlete coverage for participation in amateur club or interscholastic sports.
- Optional home country coverage for incidental home country trips up to two months per 12 months of coverage (medical benefit reduced by 50%).
- Additional AD&D up to $1,000,000 (some exclusions for felonious assault, home alterations, and more apply).
- Additional war risk coverage available.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Coinsurance applies for treatment inside the U.S. and Canada (80% to the first $5,000, then 100% after deductible).
- AD&D benefit for accidents that occur while modifying a home or vehicle is limited to $2,500.
- No dental coverage and no coverage for pre-existing conditions.