The Good: This is an emergency travel medical package with medical, evacuation, and repatriation benefits as well as AD&D and some optional benefits such as trip cancellation, interruption and enhanced AD&D for additional term life insurance and dismemberment benefits.
The Drawbacks: Not available to residents of all U.S. states. Highly focused on emergency medical and dental care, this plan does not offer a lot of extras.
The Bottom Line: A comprehensive medical insurance, evacuation, and repatriation plan with emergency dental and AD&D included.
|Medical expenses||$250,000 ($100, $500, or $1,000 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$200 ($1,000 maximum)|
|Emergency evacuations||Up to plan maximum|
|Repatriation||Up to plan maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Unique medical evacuation and repatriation limits.
- Your choice of deductible defines the plan premium – so pricing is within your control.
- Terrorism is not excluded from the plan’s coverage.
- Plan coverage period is a minimum of two weeks up to a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip information, transfer of funds, facilitation of hospital payments, translation services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional trip cancellation and interruption benefits of $500 – $10,000.
- Enhanced AD&D for up to $100,000 in term life and disability benefits.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and the look-back period is a full 12 months.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are limited to illness or death (of you, a traveling companion, or immediate family member).
- Full disclosure and additional premium may be necessary in areas where a state of war exists.