The Good: Accident and illness insurance, along with worldwide travel assistance, for global travelers. Includes the flexibility of selecting your medical benefit limit and deductible as well as optional hazardous sports coverage, trip cancellation, and lost baggage benefits in addition to AD&D.
The Drawbacks: Not all benefits available to residents of all U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: Their most complete package of accident and sickness insurance, this is short-term travel medical protection for U.S. traveling outside their home country and non U.S. citizens traveling to the United States.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $500,000 * ($100 or $250 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$200 ($1,000 maximum)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Maximum limit ($500,000) available only to U.S. citizens traveling abroad
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes coverage for emergency medical reunion and return of minor children (age 18 and younger).
- Home country extension for accidents or illnesses that would be covered under the medical expense benefit.
- Includes dispatch of doctor or specialist to adequately asses the need for transport or evacuation.
- Advance payments can be arranged to a hospital or medical facility, if necessary.
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip information, transfer of funds, facilitation of hospital payments, translation services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous sports coverage for injuries due to adventurous activities like hang gliding, mountaineering, and more.
- Optional trip interruption and cancellation coverage ($5,000 maximum) if your trip is delayed or cancelled due to an illness or death of a family member, natural disaster striking your home, traffic accident, terrorist incident, riot, strikes, and more.
- Optional lost baggage coverage up to $250.
- Optional AD&D (24-hour) for up to $25,000 in coverage.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and the look-back period is a full six months.
- AD&D limit is relatively low when compared to other plans.