The Good: This is travel medical and evacuation coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country. Annual coverage is available and the plan offer full benefit limits up to age 85. Optional trip cancellation, interruption, and lost baggage coverage to round out the plan.
The Drawbacks: For U.S. residents traveling outside the U.S. only.
The Bottom Line: Comprehensive short-term accident and illness insurance, emergency evacuation, repatriation, and worldwide 24-hour medical assistance for U.S. citizens traveling abroad.
|Medical expenses||$100,000 ($25 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$200 ($25 deductible)|
|Emergency evacuations||No limit|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Very easy to understand pricing available right on the planâ€™s page.
- Full benefits up to age 85.
- Covered medical expenses include dispatch of a doctor or specialist to determine the need for transport or evacuation.
- Includes emergency medical reunion and return of dependent children (age 18 and younger) at 100% of covered expenses.
- Annual plans available to cover multiple trips of 30 days less each all year long.
- Advance payments to secure your medical treatment can be arranged, if necessary.
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip information, transfer of funds, facilitation of hospital payments, translation services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional trip interruption and cancellation coverage ($5,000 maximum) if your trip is delayed or cancelled due to an illness or death of a family member, natural disaster striking your home, traffic accident, terrorist incident, riot, strikes, and more.
- Optional lost baggage coverage up to $1,000 ($100 deductible).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and the look-back period is a full six months.
- No coverage for hazardous sports such as mountaineering, parachuting, hang gliding, and more.
- No term life or AD&D available.
- Maximum trip cost is $5,000 for trip cancellation benefits.