The Good: Their most popular medevac plan for travelers 100 miles or more away from home. This plan covers U.S. residents even when they are traveling within the U.S. available in daily and annual plans, it also covers expatriates for travel longer than 180 days in a 12-month period up to age 80.
The Drawbacks: Plan is not available to residents of all U.S. states. No medical coverage available with this plan; it’s focused solely on evacuation and repatriation needs.
The Bottom Line: Ideal for long-term travelers and expatriates, this plan provides emergency medical evacuations and repatriation for travelers who are 100 miles or more away from home. Includes unique coverage for U.S. residents and evacuation for expatriates no matter their distance from home.
|Emergency evacuations||100% of covered expenses|
|Repatriation||100% of covered expenses|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Political and security evacuations including making arrangements, securing visas, and logistical arrangements to get travelers to a safe place. Includes safe transportation home or back to your host country once the danger has cleared.
- Includes emergency medical reunion and return of dependent children if left unattended.
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip information, transfer of funds, facilitation of hospital payments, translation services, and more.
- Expatriates are eligible for evacuations regardless of their distance from home.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for hazardous sports, mountaineering, ballooning, deep sea diving, or otherwise.