The Good: Offered in 3-, 6-, and 12-month coverage periods, Allianz’s Med Evac plan provides worldwide emergency medical transportation, 24-hour assistance services, concierge services, travel arrangements after evacuation and more. Plan is renewable for subsequent membership terms.
The Drawbacks: Plan may not be available to residents of all U.S. states. Travelers must be over 100 miles from home, and transportation services are restricted from areas where the U.S. State Department has issued travel restrictions.
The Bottom Line: The plan’s assistance services includes a wide range of travel assistance and the plan’s evacuation limit is high, so a traveler should have all the coverage they need to get to a medical facility and later to get back home.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- This plan covers medically necessary evacuations and repatriation (return to your home) after you have received medical care.
- Up to 2 evacuations per member per membership period.
- The plan also includes enhanced travel assistance services, including legal assistance, help with lost or stolen travel documents and luggage.
- Concierge services for entertainment assistance, destination assistance, travel reservations and information is also included.
- Business services, including computer rental, audio/visual referrals, and translation services, and speciality services for gift baskets, flower delivery, and more are also included.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No medical or dental expenses are covered by this plan – only transportation.
- No security evacuations.
- Transportation services do not extend into countries where the U.S. State Department has issued a travel restriction.
- No AD&D or flight accident coverage is available with this plan.
- Travelers must be at least 100 miles from home.
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.