The Good: This plan protects non-refundable airline tickets, and includes some optional coverage that you may find useful as well.
The Drawbacks: No emergency medical coverage, evacuation, or repatriation in the base plan.
The Bottom Line: This is coverage isolated to non-refundable air costs and intended for U.S. residents of all ages. Cover trips up to 180 days.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $5,000)|
|Trip interruption||150% of the ticket cost|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$500 maximum ($150 per day)|
|Baggage loss||$500 ($50 deductible, $250 per/$500 combined)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$500|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Trip cancellation reasons include death, injury, illness, traffic accidents as well as airline defaults, strikes, and more.
- Long review period (14 days) and get a premium refund.
- Baggage coverage includes $100 to replace passports or visas.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional car rental coverage for up to $50,000 for just $7 per day.
- Optional flight accident AD&D at affordable prices and you choose the coverage limit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- No coverage for adventure sports.