The Good: A good basic travel insurance package plan – includes trip cancellation, emergency medical and evacuation, and other coverage expected in a package plan. Baggage coverage is high for a basic plan. Pre-existing condition coverage automatic if purchased within 15 days. Flat rates for children 17 and younger. Round out the plan with options such as rental car coverage, extended property protection, and air flight AD&D.
The Drawbacks: Depending on your travel destination and the risks, the medical coverage may be low. Only available to residents of the U.S.
The Bottom Line: This is an affordable travel protection plan for budget-minded travelers that includes many benefits and services found in more expensive plans, including online medical record access and comprehensive one-call travel assistance with business, concierge, and pre-trip services.
|Trip cancellation||100% of trip cost (maximum trip cost $50,000)|
|Trip interruption||125% of trip cost|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,000|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Emergency medical evacuations||$500,000|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$250 maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes emergency dental treatment due to injury up to $750.
- Flat rates for children age 17 and younger plus coverage for school year extensions
- Covered reasons for cancellation, interruption, missed connections and travel delays include traffic accidents, transfer of employment, natural disasters, mechanical breakdown, terrorist attacks, strikes, inclement weather and more.
- Cancel your trip for a covered reason up to the time of departure.
- Revoked military leave is covered, plus cancel for work reasons and terrorism.
- Includes additional trip interruption benefits if you or your traveling companion must remain hospitalized: up to $200 per day in additional accommodation and transportation expenses up to five days.
- Includes return of minor children under age 18 if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Includes bedside visit if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Hospital of choice evacuation coverage is included (subject to conditions) up to the plan maximum.
- Includes unique online medical record service through Global Xpi (use program code AR795A).
- SCUBA diving covered with diving certification from PADI or NAUI.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional air flight AD&D for $100,000 ($10 per person), $250,000 ($25 per person), or $500,000 ($50 per person).
- Optional rental car damage for up to $35,000 ($7 per day).
- Optional Extended Personal Property just $15 per person for $1,000 additional electronic (cell phones, laptops, tablets, and PDA devices).
- Optional Sports Upgrade Pac provides medical expenses if injured while participating in a covered sport plus $1,000 in equipment rental fees or non-refundable tickets, green fees, and or/lessons ($25 per person).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage available for hazardous or adventure sports unless optional Sports Upgrade Pac is purchased.
- Coverage is limited to $50,000 per trip per person.
- Available to travelers age 65 and under.