The Good: Designed to provide essential travel insurance coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, delays, stolen baggage and emergency medical care. This plan offers adequate limits and good list of covered reasons for trip cancellations and interruptions. This plan is re-packaged from iTravelInsured.
The Drawbacks: Available only to U.S. residents traveling at least 120 miles from home. No missed connection coverage. Medical and evacuation limits are relatively low when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line: IMG is generally focused on travel medical insurance plans, but this is one of their package plan offerings. This plan is standard trip cancellation coverage for unforeseen travel risks and it covers the basics.
|Trip cancellation||100% ($25,000 maximum)|
|Missed connections (8 hours or more)||25% of trip cancellation benefit/$500 for common carrier|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$125 per day/$500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$100|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident)|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include financial default of travel supplier, terrorist incidents, labor strikes, jury duty, auto accidents, layoffs, and more.
- Baggage loss benefit includes theft of check baggage or baggage stored within your hotel.
- Travel delay coverage includes medical quarantine, natural disasters, and more.
- Emergency medical reunion up to $3,000 per insured person.
- Emergency travel assistance for replacing lost travel documents or prescriptions, emergency cash transfers, plus legal and medical referrals.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ coverage or â€˜cancel for work reasonsâ€™ coverage available.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered (with some limits where coverage is allowed)
- No car rental collision coverage available.
- No 24-hour AD&D available.