The Good: Nice high plan limits for medical, evacuation, delays and baggage coverage. Pre-existing conditions, financial default, hurricanes and terrorism are covered (with a few conditions) with this plan.
The Drawbacks: No coverage for car rentals, missed connections, or â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™. No coverage for adventure activities.
The Bottom Line: This is a full-featured travel insurance plan thatâ€™s likely to cover every risk most travelers have. This is not a plan for those who will be participating in risky sports on their trip, but otherwise, this travel insurance plan covers everything the standard traveler needs.
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$300 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (6 hours or more)||$500|
|AD&D||$200,000 (flight accident)/$200,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation automatically includes terrorist incidents.
- Purchase the plan (and cover the entire cost of your trip) within 14 days of your initial trip deposit and Amex waives the pre-existing conditions exclusion (insured must be medically able to travel at the time of purchase).
- Coverage for medically necessary dental care is provided up to $750 if the expense is incurred outside the 150-mile radius from the insuredâ€™s permanent residence.
- Plan review and refund period is 14 days.
- Look back period for pre-existing conditions is 90 days.
- Trip cancellations for financial default requires a short 7-day waiting period.
- No medical deductibles are required.
- Money back guarantee applies to up to 14 days after purchase.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Cancel for business reasons coverage if the traveler or their travel companion is required to work (must be purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for adventurous activities like parasailing, rock-climbing, and more.
- No â€˜Cancel for any reasonâ€™ coverage is available.
- Medical coverage is secondary and applies only if the trip is farther than a 150-mile radius of the insuredâ€™s permanent residence.
- No car rental collision coverage available.
- No missed connection coverage available.
- Trips are limited to 60 days.