The Good: This plan covers the essentials for domestic travelers who want cancellation and trip interruption coverage but don’t need post-departure benefits like travel medical. Essential is Allianz’s most affordable plan, and it includes travel delay and 24-hour assistance services.
The Drawbacks: This plan is only useful for domestic travelers with health insurance coverage. It has no coverage for baggage, emergency medical, or flight accidents.
The Bottom Line: This plan is great for travelers who want to protect expensive domestic trips and avoid potential cancellation or interruption losses.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $10,000)|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include job loss, traffic accident, foreign and domestic terrorism, and more,
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if plan is purchased within 14 days of initial trip purchase and 100% of nonrefundable trip costs are covered.
- Change fees are also covered up to $250.
- Plan includes 24-hour emergency assistance services for travel emergencies.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rental car damage protection for up to $40,000 at just $9 a day.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for travel medical care, baggage, evacuations, AD&D or flight accidents.
- Plans with 0$ trip cost will not have trip cancellation or interruption benefits.
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.