The Good: This plan covers all the essential benefits with comfortably high limits and includes a lot of extras like coverage for change fees and redepositing frequent flyer points. Medical coverage is primary. Add low-cost rental car coverage for extra protection. Kids under 17 are covered at no additional cost when traveling with a parent or grandparent.
The Drawbacks: The medical coverage may be low if youâ€™re traveling outside the U.S., and thereâ€™s no coverage for AD&D or flight accidents.
The Bottom Line: This is a comprehensive travel insurance with high limits – ideal for international vacations and family trips where the traveler wants extra protection.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Missed connections (24 hours or more)||$1,600|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,600 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$600|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Kids under 17 are covered at no additional cost when traveling with their parents or grandparents.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are extensive and include separation or divorce, job loss, felonious assault, normal pregnancy, foreign and domestic terrorism, natural disasters, financial default, and more,
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if plan is purchased within 14 days of initial trip purchase and 100% of nonrefundable trip costs are covered.
- Plan includes up to $250 for redepositing frequent flyer points.
- Change fees are also covered up to $250 – a valuable benefit in times of rising fees.
- Plan includes 24-hour emergency assistance services for medical and travel emergencies, legal assistance, emergency cash, flight information and more.
- Financial default coverage included if purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit (conditions apply).
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rental car damage protection for up to $40,000 at just $9 a day.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for AD&D or flight accidents.
- Plans with 0$ trip cost will not have trip cancellation or interruption benefits.
- The coverage limit for medical care may be too low if your trip is outside the U.S.
- The baggage delay time frame (24 hours) is relatively long when compared to other plans.
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.