A few travel insurance providers know that some folks travel for very specific reasons and theyâ€™ve designed travel insurance plans with unique coverage for those types of travelers. For example, Travel Guard offers a unique travel insurance plan specifically for gold enthusiasts: the Tee, Tour, & Travel plan.
This plan includes a number of coverages expected in a travel insurance package plan, including:
- Trip cancellation up to 100%
- Trip interruption up to 150%
- Higher-than-average travel delay coverage up to $1,500
- Missed connection up to $250
- Medical expenses up to $25,000
- Emergency medical evacuation up to $500,000
- 24-hour AD&D up to $10,000
This plan is also customized to cover the risks faced by travelers who love playing golf. It includes the following golfer-specific benefits as well:
- Equipment and baggage delay (12-hour minimum) up to $750
- Equipment and baggage loss up to $2,500
- Refund of pre-paid golf fees, including green fees, caddy and cart fees, etc. if you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason
- Refund of golf course fees if a golf course on your itinerary is closed due to inclement weather with less than 24 hoursâ€™ notice (excellent for sudden tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, etc.)
Plus, children age 17 and under are covered by the plan at no additional cost with all accompanying adults purchasing this coverage.
Enjoy a Hole-in-one Celebration *
The Tee, Tour, and Travel plan has an additional unique benefit for golfers. This plan will reimburse your bar expenses up to $250 if you make a verifiable hole-in-one and are inspired to celebrate.
Note: the bar expense receipts must be from the clubhouse affiliated with the golf course where the hole-in-one took place.
Access Exclusive Golf Concierge Services *
Plus this plan includes exclusive golf concierge services:
- event ticketing for PGA, LPGA, and Senior PGA events
- local golf course recommendations
- slope and rating info
- golf course driving directions
- tee time reservations (with availability)
- PGA-pro referral service
- Find-a-foursome service
- golf club retrieval assistance
- golf club pickup and delivery arrangements
- golf club rental reservations
- ground transportation services
- and more
Purchase within 15 days for Extra Benefits
If the plan is purchased within 15 days of your initial trip payment, you also receive:
- Double missed connection benefits ($500)
- Coverage for trip cancellation or interruptions due to pre-existing medical conditions (up to the first $30,000 in trip costs)
- Coverage for travel supplier default (cruise line, airline, and tour operator)
- Flight guard AD&D
Add Optional Coverages
Optional coverages are purchased with the plan. The optional coverages available with this plan include the following:
- Optional â€˜Cancel for any reasonâ€™ coverage for up to 50% reimbursement and an extension of the covered reasons for trip cancellation (purchase within 15 days of initial trip payment)
- Optional additional golf equipment and personal effects coverage for $2,500 additional coverage
- Optional medical upgrade for double the medical and evacuation limit and the option to choose the medical facility
- Optional â€˜Cancel for work reasonsâ€™ upgrade extends the work-related reasons for trip cancellation and interruption (purchase within 15 days of initial trip payment)
- Optional flight guard for additional AD&D coverage at increments of $100,000 up to $500,000
- Optional car rental coverage for up to $35,000 ($250 deductible)
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available.
The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.
* Non insurance services are provided by Travel Guard.