The Good: A single-trip travel medical plan for individuals and families from the U.S. heading abroad. Ideal for travelers under age 75. Choose your deductible and your medical limits and save on your premium.
The Drawbacks: Dental benefits are limited. Medical benefits for adventure activities are also limited.
The Bottom Line:Â This is a good all-around travel medical insurance plan that does not require a primary health plan.
|Medical expenses||$50,000, $100,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000 (choose your limit)|
|Emergency dental||$200 ($100 for relief of pain only)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical expense limit and save on your premium cost.
- Choose your deductible amount as well (0$, $100, $250, $500 per insured)
- 50% outpatient prescription drug reimbursement (outside the U.S.) up to $5,000.
- No primary health plan required.
- Bedside visit benefits up to $1,500 for one person.
- Dependent children can be covered up to age 26.
- Injuries and illnesses resulting from terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other injury or illness.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Medical benefits for downhill skiing and SCUBA diving are limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- Pre-existing conditions included with a 180-day exclusion.