The Good: Short-term travel medical and accident coverage for groups of five or more U.S. travelers who want to qualify for a lower rate. Travelers should have health insurance for trips back home, but no primary health care plan is necessary to buy. Plan covers you up to age 85. Your choice of of deductible amounts.
The Drawbacks: Medical benefits for adventure activities are limited.
The Bottom Line:Â This is a basic travel medical plan for groups of travelers traveling together for work, for study, to volunteer, etc. The plan offers coverage limit options and deductible options that help control premium costs for travelers.
|Medical expenses||$50,000, $100,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000 (choose your limit)|
|Emergency dental||$500 per calendar year maximum ($250 for relief of pain)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your maximum medical benefit limit and control premium costs.
- Choose your deductible option $0, $100, $250, $500 and save on premium costs.
- Pre-existing conditions are covered (180-day exclusion).
- 50% outpatient prescription drug reimbursement (outside the U.S.) up to $2,500.
- Bedside visit benefits up to $1,500 for one person.
- Dependent children can be covered up to age 26.
- Injuries and illnesses resulting from terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other injury or illness.
- Deductible waived if services are provided by a GeoBlue provider.
- Up to 6 visits per period of insurance for physical and occupational therapy ($100 max per visit).
- Non-emergency medical services (physical/occupational therapy including acupuncture) included up to $50 per visit and 6 visits per coverage period.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Trips must be less than 180 days.
- Plan is not renewable.
- Medical benefits for downhill skiing and SCUBA diving are limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- No coverage for domestic (home country) medical benefits.