The Good: A single-trip travel medical plan for individuals and families from the U.S. heading abroad. Ideal for travelers under age 85. Choose your deductible and your medical limits to control premium costs.
The Drawbacks: Medical benefits for adventure activities are limited.
The Bottom Line:Â This is a good all-around travel medical insurance plan that gives the traveler a lot of choice in how much they want to spend for their coverage.
|Medical expenses||$50,000, $100,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000 (choose your limit)|
|Emergency dental||$500 ($250 for relief of pain only)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical expense limit and control premium costs.
- Choose your deductible amount as well (0$, $100, $250, $500 per insured).
- Pre-existing conditions are covered.
- 100% outpatient prescription drug reimbursement (outside the U.S.) up to $5,000.
- Bedside visit benefits up to $1,500 for one person.
- Dependent children can be covered up to age 26.
- Injuries and illnesses resulting from terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other injury or illness.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- A primary health plan is required for this insurance.
- Medical benefits for downhill skiing and SCUBA diving are limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- Pre-existing conditions included with a 180-day exclusion.