The Good: A basic multi-trip travel medical plan for individuals and families from the U.S. heading abroad. Ideal for travelers under age 85. This plan covers a traveler’s medical concerns for multiple trips over a 12-month period.
The Drawbacks: Medical benefits for adventure activities are limited. No AD&D included.
The Bottom Line:Â This is a good all-around travel medical insurance plan for travelers planning multiple trips abroad over the period of a year.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Repatriation||$15,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical expense limit and control premium costs.
- Pre-existing conditions are covered (subject to a 180-day look back period).
- 100% outpatient prescription drug reimbursement (outside the U.S.) up to $2,500.
- Bedside visit benefits up to $1,500 for one person.
- Dependent children can be covered up to age 26.
- Injuries and illnesses resulting from terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other injury or illness.
- Deductible waived if services are provided by a GeoBlue provider.
- Non-emergency medical services (physical/occupational therapy including acupuncture) included up to $50 per visit and 6 visits per coverage period.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Trips must be less than 70 days’ duration over a 12-month period.
- A primary health plan is required for this insurance.
- Medical benefits for downhill skiing and SCUBA diving are limited to a maximum of $10,000.