The Good: A multi-trip travel medical plan for individuals and families from the U.S. heading abroad, this plan offers broad travel medical coverage with good limits for a 12-month period.
The Drawbacks: Medical benefits for adventure activities are limited.
The Bottom Line:Â This is comprehensive multi-trip travel medical insurance for frequent travelers.
|Medical expenses||$250,000 (for travelers under age 70, $100,000 for travelers 70-85)|
|Emergency dental||$200 ($100 for relief of pain)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Pre-existing conditions are covered.
- 100% outpatient prescription drug reimbursement (outside the U.S.) up to $5,000.
- Bedside visit benefits up to $1,500 for one person.
- Dependent children can be covered up to age 26.
- Injuries and illnesses resulting from terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other injury or illness.
- Non-medical benefits include physical and occupational therapy including acupuncture (maximum $100 per visit and no more than 6 visits per year)
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- A primary health plan is required for this insurance.
- Individual trips must be fewer than 70 days.
- Medical benefits for downhill skiing and SCUBA diving are limited to a maximum of $10,000.