The Good: International health insurance for career missionaries involved in missions or NGO activity. Choose your coverage level and deductible. Plan includes preventative care and covers travelers up to age 75 as well as their spouse and dependent children (up to age 26). Choose providers in or out of the network. Plan includes coverage for pre-ex (with some conditions) and it can be used on long-term furlough back home.
The Drawbacks: Not available to residents from all states. Dental coverage is limited to $500 per year and only applies to injuries.
The Bottom Line: Comprehensive international medical insurance for emergency medical, preventative medical care, prescription coverage for global missionaries and volunteers. Ideal for regular missionary travelers and volunteers who need an international health care plan.
|Medical expenses||No limit|
|Emergency dental||$500 per calendar year maximum (injury only)|
|Repatriation||$25,000 (outside the U.S. only)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Unlimited lifetime maximum on medical expenses.
- Choices in plan deductibles.
- Three tiers of coinsurance: 100% outside the U.S., 80% in network in the U.S., and 60% out of network inside the U.S. for outpatient and inpatient medical care.
- Ambulance, physical and occupational therapy treatment included as well as mental health.
- Eligible dependents can get coverage up to their 26th birthday.
- Copayments are waived when visiting an HTH Worldwide network provider.
- Preventative care (subject to coinsurance maximums) for children and adults included with paid deductible.
- Normal pregnancy covered.
- Prescription drugs covered.
- Alcoholism or substance abuse coverage up to plan limits and subject to a number of visits per year.
- Copayment waived when visiting a GeoBlue contracted provider.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Eligible members must reside outside their home country for a period of more than three months.
- Travelers must be under age 75.
- The extension of benefits is not applicable if the policy is replaced by another carrier with equivalent or greater benefits.
- Emergency room visits that do not result in admission subject to a $100 penalty.
Related GeoBlue International Health Insurance Plans
- Trekker Choice
- Trekker Essential