Summary: International travel insurance for emergencies requiring evacuation, repatriation, and other benefits outside a travelerâ€™s home country.
Best for: Individuals who travel internationally and/or for business reasons on a regular basis.
Extras: MedEvac plans often include a few (not many) package-like travel insurance benefits.
Coverage for emergency evacuations
MedEvac travel insurance plans focus on evacuation and repatriation. These plans provide coverage for:
- Emergency medical evacuation
- International security evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
Also take care of the important people in your life
With an international medical evacuation plan, itâ€™s not just about you – itâ€™s also about taking care of the people who are important to you with benefits like these:
- Safe return of dependent children
- Hospital visit from a spouse, family member or friend
Plus a few special features
Some international medical evacuation plans come with a few special features to help travelers on their trips:
- Trip interruption
- Lost baggage
- Optional adventure sports coverage
Factors that Affect Plan Cost
Factors that affect the pricing of international medical evacuation plans include:
- Individual or family coverage
- Policy period
- Optional riders