By now all airlines are finally requiring masks for passengers (looking at you Allegiant), sometimes with the risk of lifetime bans for non-compliance.
Who is requiring masks? Are they really banning people? How does it all work?
The answers to this and more will be provided by Josh Grafman from JetBlue.
Josh talks about the mask requirements, the process for dealing with belligerent no-maskers, fake cards, and more.
Selected Links from the Episode
Show Notes & Timestamps
- Summary of mask rules 00:01:54
- Potential consequences for non-compliance 00:02:31
- How enforcement would work 00:03:15
- Fake exemption cards 00:05:51
- The last airline to get on board with masks 00:06:20
- What happens if you don’t have a mask (but want to comply) 00:08:05
- Are any types of masks ok? 00:09:22
- Additional safety procedures by airlines 00:09:55
- Best guesses for lifting requirements for masks 00:10:53
- Blocked middle seats 00:11:43
- Final thoughts 00:12:21