There are still many unknowns about how the cruise industry is going to handle returning to the seas after coronavirus lockdowns end.
When will they start sailing? What will be different? How will they handle safety concerns? Will anyone go?
To help answer some of these questions, we are joined today by Nicole Ratner from CruisingWithTheFamily.com. Nicole writes unbiased information about the cruise business, and has many details about the reopening plan.
She also has great general tips for planning a cruise, especially for first-timers.
Selected Links from the Episode
Show Notes & Timestamps
- The current plan to start sailing again 00:03:00
- How CLIA decided to extend the no-sail 00:04:12
- Are cruise lines taking bookings now? 00:06:35
- The brisk state of business considering covid 00:07:35
- What to expect as they start sailing again 00:08:58
- How cruise lines have already put many safety and cleanliness measures in place 00:10:51
- Advice for those thinking of booking 00:12:14
- Thee “Free Money” you can get 00:13:13
- The lenient cancellation policy changes 00:14:47
- General planning tips 00:16:17
- Cruise planning mistakes to avoid 00:17:04
- Myths around gratuities 00:19:59