This show I am joined by Shy Bredewold from OdysseanTravel.com.
Shy is a travel advisor and shares what he has learned in helping travelers plans their vacations, common mistakes, and myths to debunk.
Shy was a pleasure to chat with, and the show ran longer than many Safe Travels podcasts but he shares a lot of good tips and stories about the world of travel advisors.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Shy on LinkedIn
- OdysseanTravel on Twitter
- American Society of Travel Advisors
- Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
Show Notes & Timestamps
- Shy on the benefits of using an advisor 00:04:25
- How “One point of contact” helps you 00:05:24
- Shy’s proactive customer support 00:08:11
- Benefits of using supplier credits 00:14:07
- How advisors have access to different option 00:19:34
- On the costs of using an advisor 00:25:49
- How the commission model works 00:28:29
- The myth of preferred suppliers=more commission 00:31:51
- How to find a reputable advisor 00:35:32
- Accreditations to look for in an advisor 00:38:19
- General tips shy gives travelers 00:44:35
- Common mistake of not having travel insurance 00:50:16
- Travel insurance vs travel protection 00:55:54
- The myth of “perfect time to book” 00:57:52