Some time ago, we wrote about when it makes sense to purchase an annual travel insurance plan, but what types of travelers need annual travel insurance? Annual travel insurance is, very specifically, travel insurance that covers all of the trips a traveler will take over the course of a year. It means that the traveler doesn’t have to get individual coverage for each of their trips because they will have the same coverage all year long.
So, who needs annual travel insurance?
- Frequent business or academic travelers – if you travel several times a year for business meetings, academic conferences, and more
- Entrepreneurs and business owners – if you often have to travel last-minute with little to no time to accommodate the advance purchase requirements of your travel insurance coverage
- Retirees – if you’re active and healthy and traveling the world as part of your retirement dream, then an annual plan means not having to purchase multiple individual plans
- Families on round-the-world trips – if you are taking a year off and traveling around the world with your kids, you’ll want the travel medical coverage that ensures you won’t face a high medical bill if anyone gets sick or injured
- Journalists and media professionals – if you have overseas assignments that regularly put you in harm’s way, having the right travel medical coverage and evacuation coverage can be a great comfort
The key benefit to having an annual travel insurance plan is that a traveler has the same worldwide coverage for a full 12 months, but it’s also economical to purchase travel insurance on an annual basis if you take many trips each year.
The key difference? Little to no cancellation coverage is included in an annual travel insurance plan.