As the country’s ski resorts have begun adopting a hard line on ski pass refunds, travel insurance providers have begun offering season pass coverage.
Travel Guard, in particular, is offering season pass coverage to 20 ski areas across the country. Their coverage provides reimbursement for ski passes up to $600 including coverage for cancellation or interruption for the following covered reasons:
- injury or illness of the insured or their traveling companion – on or off the ski hill
- injury or illness of a family member
- primary residence or destination being made uninhabitable by natural disaster, vandalism, or burglary
- subpoenaed to appear in court or having to attend jury duty
- called into military duty or revoked leave
- transfer of employment (at least 1 year of employment)
- job loss
- complications of pregnancy (where the pregnancy occurs after the plan’s effective date)
Pre-existing medical conditions (if purchased within 14 days of season pass purchase)
Read the ski season pass insurance policy details.