We get many questions about coverage for seniors and travelers concerned about their ability to get travel insurance or travel medical insurance after a certain age. So, we put together this post to list the travel insurance plans available to those who are 50 and older. Take a look at the plans for U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens outlined here.
In addition, we heard from one of our colleagues at CheapFlights.com and they’ve put together a set of travel tips on getting senior discounts, including links, phone numbers, rules and more.
We hope this information helps all senior travelers get back on the road – safely, of course.
For U.S. and non U.S. Senior Citizens
- Patriot executive from IMG is designed for frequently traveling executives up to age 75. It provides medical coverage with a fixed deductible (waived for accidents) and it’s available for individuals or groups of five or more. It includes some trip protections as well.
- Reside from Seven Corners is designed to provide worldwide medical coverage for up to one year for travelers leaving their home country and those up to age 74. Up to two kids under age 9 are free with two covered parents.
- Liaison Silver from Seven Corners is excellent travel medical coverage for active travelers over age 50, providing a few travel insurance package benefits and low premiums for dependent children and grandchildren.
- Worldwide Trip Protector from Travel Insured International is international major medical coverage for travelers up to age 86 and over.
- Liaison Silver from Seven Corners provides travel medical coverage up to a $1,000,000 maximum for seniors traveling abroad. It includes discounted premiums for dependent children and grandchildren too.
- TravelGap Excursion from HTH Worldwide offers choices of medical limits and coverage for trips up to six months long for travelers up to age 85. This plan requires travelers to have a primary health plan back home.
- TravelGap Voyager from HTH Worldwide offers single-trip travel medical for trips up to six months long for travelers up to age 75. This plan does not require a primary health plan.
- Global Citizen from HTH Worldwide is annual international major medical health coverage for world travelers up to age 75. It includes global travel benefits such as evacuation, repatriation, and AD&D too.
- TravMed Abroad from FrontierMEDEX offers full medical and evacuation coverage benefit limits up to age 85. This is comprehensive, short-term travel medical and evacuation coverage with worldwide travel assistance services. Available with an annual option.
- The Complete Plan from MH Ross provides premium travel insurance coverage for travelers up to age 75 and trips costing as much as $100,000 per person.
Non U.S. Citizens
- Inbound Guest from Seven Corners is offered at four plan levels with two over-70 levels. It provide for hospital expenses, surgical expenses, ambulance services, prescription drugs and more.
- Visit USA HealthCare from Travel Insurance Services offers strong medical coverage for non U.S. citizens up to age 70 traveling inside the U.S. This is single-trip coverage for up to one year of international travel.