International Medical Group, known widely as IMG, is now available for review here on Travel Insurance Review.
IMG is a world leader in international medical insurance for travel and for working abroad, including employer-sponsored major medical plans for employers with international employees and expatriate employees. In fact, their GEO Group plan is unique in providing U.S.-style comprehensive health care for employees and their families. It includes primary health care benefits as well as mental health care, vision, and optional dental care at three levels. This plan is customizable, so the employer can choose the plan maximums and deductibles. For global employers, this plan may just fit their needs for employer-provided health care.
IMG has a unique commitment to covering health care needs for niche workers. One of the most unique set of coverages we found are IMGâ€™s plans specifically designed for marine crews. The marine crew-specific plans offered by IMG cover medical needs due to recreational SCUBA diving and amateur sailboat racing.
- Global Crew Medical – offered in two levels for regions including or excluding the U.S. and Canada (where health care costs are higher than in other regions around the world), this plan is comprehensive medical for boat captains and their crew members.
- International Marine Medical – comprehensive medical insurance for groups of three or more marine crew members and their dependents. This plan also covers maternity and newborn care after 12 months of continuous coverage.
- CrewSelect International – offered at two plan levels, for three global ranges, and in three currencies, this plan is major medical insurance with some added benefits like trip interruption and high baggage coverage.
Coverage for Aid Workers
IMG also offers a unique set of plans specific to missionaries and aid workers:
- Outreach Travel Medical – available for individuals and groups, this is temporary travel medical for U.S. and non U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country in service.
- Global Mission Medical – offered at four benefits levels, this is short- or long-term major medical insurance for U.S. and non U.S. missionaries around the world. No cost for the first two young children (up to age 9) for the first year of coverage.
- MP+ International – for two or more travelers, this employer-sponsored, long-term, emergency medical coverage provides continuous coverage for two or more missionaries overseas and in the U.S. Options for life, dental, and evacuation, plus direct billing.