11. Cancel for any reason insurance coverage protects for any reason
You never know what will happen, and some causes of canceled trips may not be covered.
If you want coverage no matter what, regardless of the reason, some travel insurance companies offer a policy add-on called “cancel for any reason” coverage. This works just as it sounds. Buy the extra coverage and your trip will be covered for cancellation for any reason at all, even if you just decide not to go.
There are some requirements, however:
- the plan must be purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit
- you must select and pay for the “cancel for any reason” option
- all pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs should be insured
- your trip is canceled 2 or more days before the departure date