Travelers start with a base plan which covers:
- trip cancellation, interruption, or delay
- emergency medical expenses, medical evacuation
- lost, stolen, or damaged baggage/travel documents
- luggage delay
These benefits cover all the basics of travel insurance. Travelers going on a short, simple vacation might be happy with this. The major concerns are losing pre-paid deposits when you cancel, high medical expenses in case of an accident or illness, and losing your bags.
But for those travelers who have special concerns, My Travel Guard offers several add-on benefits. For an additional premium, you can add the following customizable benefits:
- medical expense upgrade with primary coverage
- “hospital of choice” coverage, allowing the insured choice of hospital
- coverage for terrorism, financial default, and pre-existing conditions
- baggage upgrade
- adventure sports coverage
- rental car collision insurance
- “at your service” concierge style benefits
- flight insurance for common carrier accidents
This allows a lot of flexibility for travelers who might not want to spend as much on their policy. You can strip down the benefits to the bare essentials while knowing the major coverage is there.
As you can see in the screenshot above, it is simple to check off the coverage you want. Click “update” to see the adjusted premium. You can also click each add-on term (in red) to open a small window, explaining the coverage.