The Good: This plan provides comprehensive trip insurance with all the expected coverages and some highly inclusive benefits, including pet care reimbursement, kids provided coverage at no extra charge, and pre-existing medical condition coverage if the plan is purchased up to 21 days from the initial trip deposit. Plan covers trips as long as 180 days and includes worldwide emergency assistance for medical and travel emergencies.
The Drawbacks: Plans with $0 trip costs have reduced benefits.
The Bottom Line: Travel Insured International’s website is easy to use and the plan brochures clearly list the charges for each upgrade, putting the costs right up front. Coverage is available for travelers up to age 86 and over.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $25,000, not applicable of $0 trip cost)|
|Trip interruption||150% ($500 return air only if $0 trip cost)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$100,000 ($50 deductible, $750 dental)|
|Baggage loss||$1,000 ($250 per/$500 combined)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$300|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Strong coverage limits for medical, evacuation and repatriation.
- Pre-existing conditions waiver if purchased within 21 days of initial trip payment.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are broad and include ‘cancel for work reason’, supplier default, traffic accidents, hospitalization of your host, terrorist attacks, hurricanes, pregnancies that occur after the effective date, school year extensions and more.
- Change fees up to $250 and reimbursement of miles up to $250.
- Travel Insured International’s worldwide travel assistance services include a high number of services, including translation services, meet and greet services, shopping assistance, emergency cash advances, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional renters collision protection is high – $50,000 – and cheap (just $7 per day).
- Optional upgrades for increased travel delay, missed connection, and baggage limits ($35 per person).
- Optional primary coverage removes excess insurance limitations for baggage and accident/medical expenses ($25 per person).
- Optional air flight only AD&D up to limit purchased.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Plans with $0 trip costs have reduced benefits.
- No AD&D