The Good: No limit on number of trips; includes 24 hour travel assistance services.
The Drawbacks: This plan has no coverage for AD&D and excludes open tickets.
The Bottom Line: This is a basic travel medical plan to cover an individual for multiple trips throughout the year. It includes some additional package-like benefits to round out the coverage, but the focus is on travel medical and evacuation.
|Repatriation||Included in evacuation|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Coverage for one full year for as many trips (up to a maximum of 90 days each) as you want to take.
- Coverage can be extended if your return is delayed for unforeseen reasons.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include the usual injury and illness, but also natural disasters, job loss, and terror attacks at the insured’s destination.
- Travel Guard’s unique assistance services for travel medical and emergency travel services.
- Trip interruption reimbursement benefits (up to $1,500) can help you get back home in an emergency.
- Additional pet boarding fees covered ($25/per day up to $200) if your return trip is delayed due to your medical care.
- Additional lodging expenses up to $150 if the hotel accommodations booked by a travel agent are unavailable due to overbooking.
- Primary car rental coverage up to $25,000 (subject to a $250 deductible).
- Advance payments required for the insured to gain hospital admission will be arranged.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional additional trip cancellation and interruption benefits up to $100,000.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Plan must be purchased no later than 24 hours prior to departure.
- Maximum per-trip length is 90 days.
- This plan specifically excludes coverage if your tickets do not have specific travel dates, i.e., open tickets.
- No AD&D available.