The Good: Available to U.S. citizens. Can be purchased on a per-trip or annual basis. This plan includes not only emergency medical evacuations, but also non medical security evacuations. Optional sports coverage available for adventure activities specifically excluded from the base plan.
The Drawbacks: Some plan coverages are not available to U.S. citizens of all states.
The Bottom Line: This is not a trip cancellation plan, but a medical evacuation plan specifically designed to help insured travelers get safely out of emergency medical or political situations. It provides for medical care if the insured becomes ill or is injured on their trip.
|Evacuation and repatriation||No limit, 1 person per trip for per-trip plans|
No limit, 2 persons per trip for annual plans
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Available on a per-trip or annual basis.
- Pre-existing medical condition look-back period is a short 90 days.
- One child under 17 covered at no additional cost for each covered adult.
- Medical coverage is extended for up to one year for injuries or illnesses that occur on your trip.
- Travel Guard’s signature assistance services for 24-hour emergency travel assistance, travel medical assistance, concierge and identity theft services.
- Covered reasons for security evacuations include natural disasters, verified physical attack, political or military action.
- Security evacuation benefits will be paid (up to the plan limits) for consulting services if the insured is determined to be kidnapped or missing.
- Evacuation coverage ensures the insured is returned home after medical treatment abroad. It also covers a bedside visit and the safe return of dependent children if the insured is hospitalized.
- Advance payments will be made to a medical facility or hospital to ensure admission.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional adventure sports coverage for mountaineering, hang gliding, sky diving, bungee jumping, learning to operate an aircraft, and more.
- Optional baggage upgrade adds $1,000 for loss and $300 for delays.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Security evacuations not available in Florida or Pennsylvania.
- Travelers must be at least 100 miles from their permanent residence for benefits to be in effect.