The Good: Medical insurance for those traveling outside their home country for trips of five days up to 12 months (renewable up to three years). Available to individuals and families with children aged at least 14 days and up to nineteen years.
The Drawbacks: Not available to residents of or visitors to the state of Washington at this time. Medical limits reduced for travelers with pre-existing medical conditions and without a primary health plan.
The Bottom Line: Not available to residents of or visitors to the state of Washington at this time. Medical limits reduced for travelers with pre-existing medical conditions and without a primary health plan.
|Medical expenses||$60,000 – $1,000,000 * ($0 – $2,500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|AD&D||$25,000 (24-hour)/$50,000 (common carrier)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Medical maximum limited to $20,000 for those age 80 and over.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan pays 100% after deductible outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Hospital indemnity of $150 per night up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Includes political evacuation up to $50,000.
- Includes reimbursement for emergency reunion costs up to $50,000.
- Includes return of minor children up to $50,000.
- Includes lost baggage coverage up to $250.
- Terrorism covered up to a $50,000 lifetime limit.
- Trip interruption up to $5,000 available if you have
- Waiver of pre-existing conditions automatically included for U.S. citizens with a primary health plan traveling outside the U.S. and Canada and under age 65. Coverage is limited to $20,000 for those over 65 with a primary health plan and limited to $2,500 those without).
- Incidental trips back home and extension of benefits in your home country covered up to $5,000.
- Heart attack and stroke coverage for up to $200 per day (non U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. only).
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip assistance, identity theft services, medical and concierge services while traveling.
- Felonious assault benefit for up to $10,000 for resulting losses.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous sports coverage for hang gliding, water skiing, snowmobiling, and more available as a separate rider.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coinsurance applies to medical expenses inside the U.S. and Canada.
- The traveler’s primary health plan must be in effect at the time of any claim; and Medicaid, Medicare, and V.A. health benefits do not count as primary health insurance.