The Good: Twelve full months of comprehensive, high-limit travel medical coverage, including terrorism, sports activities, trip interruption, and AD&D (flight accident and 24-hour). Plan also includes small pet AD&D and coverage for lost or stolen luggage. Available to U.S. and non U.S. citizens traveling outside their home countries. Access to a dedicated, multilingual assistance services team for emergency and routine health questions.
The Drawbacks: Pre-existing medical condition coverage is capped at $50,000.
The Bottom Line: This is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan with a number of package-like benefit extras and comprehensive short-term travel medical coverage. Ideal for traveling executives and individuals and families who want first-class medical coverage plus other trip protections.
|Medical expenses||$1,000,000, $5,000,000, or $8,000,000|
|Emergency evacuations||Up to plan limit|
|Flight accident AD&D||$100,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Available as an individual or family plan.
- Select the deductible that fits your budget; family deductibles are capped at three times the individual deductible.
- Plan includes political evacuation costs up to $100,000 and remote transportation costs up to $5,000 per certificate period ($20,000 lifetime maximum).
- Dental procedures necessary to restore sound natural teeth that are lost or damaged due to an accident are covered up to the maximum limit.
- Plan includes loss or theft of baggage (up to $500).
- Extra coverage up to $250 per day for up to five days if evacuation orders are issued from authorities in conjunction with a natural disaster.
- Universal prescription discount program is available with this plan for reduced-cost prescription medicines.
- Register for IMG’s online support service, MyIMGSM, for access to providers, explanation of benefits, status of claims, ID cards, certificate documents, and more.
- Identity theft assistance up to $500 for rejected loan fees, notarization fees, long-distance calls, postage and more.
- Incidental trips home up to a cumulative two weeks are covered, plus purchase one month for every four months of coverage (3 months maximum) to extend the coverage after you return home.
- Trip interruptions are covered up to $10,000.
- Small pet AD&D up to $500.
- Amateur athletics are covered up the plan limit (purchase the optional Adventure Sports rider to cover hazardous sports activities).
- Hospital indemnity is covered up to $250 per night.
- Additional felonious assault coverage up to $10,000 is paid if the insured is injured outside their home country. This benefit is in addition to any other benefits paid by the plan.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Pre-existing conditions coverage is capped at $50,000.
- Coverage does not extend into areas with a U.S. issued travel advisory in effect within six months prior.