The Good: This is high protection for your vacation investment and against financial losses due to emergency medical or evacuation needs on your trip. It includes automatic coverage for pre-existing medical conditions if purchased prior to or within 24 hours of your final trip payment. Plan covers 100% of medical, surgical, inpatient, outpatient, and prescription drug costs when traveler is 100 miles or more away from home.
The Drawbacks: This plan requires travelers to have a health insurance plan. This plan also requires a traveler to be under age 85 and a resident of the U.S. Benefits are limited for claims resulting from skiing or underwater diving.
The Bottom Line: Travelers up to age 85 are eligible for this plan, which offers very high emergency medical and evacuation benefit limits for you and those traveling with you. It also includes the highest level of identity theft protection available with reimbursement for up to $20,000 in out-of-pocket costs toward detection and recovery.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $30,000)|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|Car rental collision||$50,000|
|AD&D||$200,000 (flight accident)/$50,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan covers 100% of medical care with no deductible.
- Includes rental car damage protection up to $50,000.
- Includes up to $20,000 in detection and recovery assistance and out-of-pocket costs if your identity is compromised (up to 180 days from your departure date).
- Includes $250 per tooth up to $500 maximum for emergency dental care.
- Includes bedside visit costs up to $1,500 if traveler is hospitalized or in critical condition.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are injury and illness, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, financial default and more.
- Includes an additional $25 reimbursement to expedite the recovery of wayward baggage.
- Includes 24-hour global health and safety resources, including destination health and security information, HTH drug translation guide, news alerts, and more.
- Includes emergency travel assistance services including cash transfers, replacement medication, embassy services, translation services, concierge services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered up to plan limits if purchased prior to or within 24 hours of final trip payment.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Repatriation limited to $25,000
- Claims resulting from downhill skiing or SCUBA diving limited to $10,000.
- Baggage delay protection is low and the time frame is relatively long (24 hours) when compared to other package plans.