The Good: This is individual coverage for the basic travel protections necessary on a trip. Pre-existing condition coverage is included (if purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit) and the plan can be enhanced with rental car coverage too.
The Drawbacks: The medical and evacuation coverage limits are relatively low when compared to other plans, especially if your trip is outside the U.S.
The Bottom Line: This plan provides coverage for the travel basics: cancellation, interruption, emergency medical and evacuations, but the coverage limits are not high.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $10,000)|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day ($300 maximum)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are relatively broad, including death and illness, foreign and domestic terrorism (within 30 days of departure), natural disasters, jury duty, and more.
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if plan is purchased within 14 days of initial trip purchase and 100% of non-refundable trip costs are covered.
- Change fees are covered if you have to change your airline ticket for a covered reason.
- Plan includes 24-hour emergency assistance services for medical and travel emergencies, legal assistance, emergency cash, flight information and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional primary rental car damage protection for up to $40,000 at just $9 a day.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Medical and evacuation coverage is relatively low when compared to other plans – especially if you are traveling abroad.
- Baggage delay time frame is relatively long (24 hours) when compared to other plans.
- No coverage for supplier default is available.
- No missed connection coverage.
- No coverage for AD&D or flight accidents.
- Plans with 0$ trip cost will not have trip cancellation or interruption benefits.
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.