This coverage provides assistance to business travelers. This coverage consists of non insurance services included with some package travel insurance plans.
|Contents (click to jump down)
What does Business Assistance cover?
Important notes about this coverage
What type of policy covers this?
How much coverage does each company provide?
Let us tell you a story
Andrew was on his first solo overseas sales presentation. He had met the team several times and exchanged information, his presentation was ready, and the outcome of this meeting could meet his revenue projections for the year.
When he arrived at the hotel the night before his presentation, he realized he should probably print the presentation so that everyone would have a copy and could take notes. Not knowing the area, he contacted the travel assistance hot-line and the coordinator was able to help him locate local printing services open late at night. As Andrew returned to get a good nights’ sleep, he knew everything was in place for his meeting in the morning.
While worldwide travel assistance is the primary 24-hour travel assistance service provided by travel insurance companies, some plans offer additional assistance specific to business travelers. Business assistant services are non insurance benefits included with some travel insurance plans. These services typically include:
- Locating business support services (printing services, Internet cafes, overnight delivery, etc.)
- Local dictation and correspondence assistance
- Global directory service (*411)
- Business conference call and web conference coordination
- Worldwide driving and walking directions
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Timely weather, travel delay and flight status reports
- Urgent messaging to clients, colleagues, and family
- Business equipment replacement and warranty assistance
- This coverage is in addition to the standard worldwide travel assistance provided by travel insurance plans
You will only find this type of coverage in package travel plans. In some plans, this coverage is included as part of the worldwide assistance services, and in some plans it is an optional upgrade.
|Vacation Classic||Travel Safe||Yes||Yes|
|Worldwide Trip Protector Gold||Travel Insured||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Worldwide Trip Protector||Travel Insured||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Plus *||Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Basic *||Travel Insurance||Yes|
|My Travel Guard||Travel Guard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pack n' Go||Travel Guard||Yes|
|Tee, Tour, and Travel||Travel Guard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Platinum||Travel Guard||Yes||Yes||Yes||with $50 deductible|
|Select||Travelex||Yes||Yes||Yes||with $50 deductible|
|Liaison Silver||Seven Corners||Yes|
|Wander Frequent Traveler||Seven Corners||Yes|
|TripProtector Preferred||HTH Worldwide||Yes||Yes|
|TripProtector e-saver||HTH Worldwide||Yes|
|No coverage||Global Underwriters|
|Preferred Plus||Global Alert||Yes||Yes|
|Custom||CSA Travel Insurance||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Luxe||CSA Travel Insurance||Yes||Yes|
* as optional upgrade
** with limited coverage
- This coverage is in addition to the standard worldwide travel assistance services offered with travel insurance plans
- This coverage is specific to the needs of business travelers
- This is non insurance services that will likely be provided by third-party companies, but some providers provide this service directly