The US Travel Insurance Association (UStiA) is a national association of insurance carriers, third-party administrators, insurance agencies and related businesses involved in the development, administration and marketing of travel insurance and travel assistance products.
Their goal is to:
- Ensure that travelers have affordable access to travel protection and travel assistance;
- Educate consumers about travel insurance and related issues;
- Promote fairness, integrity and a commitment to excellence in the travel insurance industry;
- Foster ethical and professional standards of industry conduct;
- Cultivate effective government relations on behalf of the travel insurance industry;
- Inform and assist members with matters pertaining to the industry.
While UStiA neither promotes nor endorses any particular travel insurance or travel assistance service, they strongly recommend that American travelers consider an appropriate travel protection plan that meets their specific needs.