Current U.S. Department of State Travel Alerts
Current U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings
Current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Travel Warnings
- Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus – update May 17, 2013Since 8 May 2013, no new laboratory-confirmed cases of human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) have been reported to WHO by the National Health and Family Planning Commission, China. However, four additional deaths have been reported from previously laboratory-confirmed cases.
- Novel coronavirus infection - update May 15, 2013The Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia has informed WHO of an additional two laboratory-confirmed cases with infection of the novel coronavirus (nCoV).
- Novel coronavirus infection - update May 14, 2013The Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia has informed WHO of an additional four laboratory-confirmed cases with infection of the novel coronavirus (nCoV).
- Novel coronavirus infection - update May 12, 2013The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health in France has informed WHO of an additional laboratory-confirmed case with infection of the novel coronavirus (nCoV).
- Wild poliovirus in Somalia May 11, 2013An investigation has been launched into a preliminary report of the detection of a wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) in the Banadir region of Somalia. This is the first WPV to be reported from Somalia since 25 March 2007. The virus was isolated from specimens collected on 21 April 2013 from a 32-month-old girl, who became ill due to acute flaccid paralysis on 18 […]
- World Health Organization concerned over the emergency situation in Gaza November 17, 201217 November 2012 - The World Health Organization (WHO) is deeply concerned about the escalating situation in the Gaza Strip and Israel and its impact on the health and lives of civilian populations in the area.
- Philippines Tropical Storm Washi Donor Alert December 23, 2011Tropical storm Washi struck the Southern Philippines on 16 December 2011, leaving a trail of devastation in the cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan on Mindanao island.
- Thousands of South Sudan people suffer from kala azar epidemic as cases rise October 28, 2011Juba, 28 October 2011, (WHO South Sudan) – Kala azar epidemic continues to threaten thousands of lives of people in the new Republic of South Sudan as cases continue to rise.
- WHO scales up humanitarian support in Sindh October 7, 20117 October 2011 ¦ KARACHI -- “In view of the current flood crisis, World Health Organization (WHO) will be scaling up its humanitarian response in all the affected areas in Sindh to address the health issues faced by the population displaced by the floods. WHO is already working side by side with the Sindh provincial and district health authorities and health […]
- Pakistan Floods Donor Alert September 29, 2011The recent heavy flooding caused by the monsoon in Pakistan, most devastating in Sindh, has af-fected the lives of over five million people. Flood waters continue to drain, leaving behind massive damage and large areas of standing water in Sindh.