The Good: This budget-minded plan provides essential travel insurance coverage: cancellations, interruptions, delays and includes some medical coverage, evacuation, and baggage coverage. Several upgrades are available to fill out the plan according to your travel needs.
The Drawbacks: The coverage limits are not high – especially for medical care, which can be costly. If you encounter a severe medical emergency, the coverage limits may not be adequate.
The Bottom Line: This is an essentials-only travel insurance plan for those on a budget – useful for students or families who want to insure their travel investment. The optional coverages allow a traveler to fill in any gaps in their coverage.
How to Get a Quote
Compare quotes from all companies: Click here to get quotes from all major travel insurance companies using a comparison tool.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Trip interruption||100% or $500 return air *|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$100 per day/$500 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$10,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage loss||$500 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$100|
|24/7 assistance services **||Yes|
* Coverage for trip interruption and return air cannot be combined.
** Non insurance assistance services provided by Travel Guard.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Coverage can be purchased as late as 24 hours prior to departure.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption cover a range of reasons, including hurricanes, terrorist attacks, illness and injury.
- Includes Travel Guard’s signature 24/7 worldwide travel medical and trip emergency assistance services provided by Travel Guard (not a third party).
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight guard AD&D up to $500,000 available.
- Optional $35,000 car rental coverage available ($250 deductible, not available to residents of Texas or Kansas).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ or ‘cancel for work reasons’ available.
- No AD&D in base plan, no 24-hour AD&D available (only flight AD&D).
- Medical coverage is relatively limited when compared to other plans.
- Baggage delay and travel delay time frames are relatively long when compared to other plans.
- No missed connection coverage.
Related Travel Guard Plans
How to Get a Quote