This ‘Travel Insurance 101’ tutorial is a good starting point for most travelers.
Travel insurance can be very confusing, so I wrote this guide to walk you through the steps of understanding and buying travel insurance.
The guide has 8 ‘chapters’ that you can go through one at a time. This breaks the information down so you can digest it easier. Every page contains a link to the next chapter, but you can also return here to the main page to navigate to jump between chapters.
Over 124 million travelers in the US are covered by travel insurance or emergency services every year. Travelers list 3 top reasons for buying travel insurance: Peace of mind, protection against the unexpected, and protecting their trip investment.
8 Steps to Understanding Travel Insurance
This tutorial is designed to get you up and running with the basics of travel insurance in eight easy lessons.
- Examples of “Real Life” Travel Risks
- What does travel insurance cover?
- The Most Popular Types of Travel Insurance
- How to select the right coverage based on your needs
- Five Common ‘Loopholes’ and How to Avoid Them
- Top 10 Questions Every Traveler Asks
- 4 Steps to Take After You Purchase
- How to Get Quotes and Compare Plans
Compare quotes from all major travel insurance companies
The easiest way to compare plans is to use a comparison website.
Get travel insurance quotes from all companies at the same time using a comparison tool. You can check coverages side-by-side, compare prices, and purchase online using a credit card.